During these challenging and uncertain times, please be assured that we continue to be here for you – day and night on 01656 860545.
- Our Pencoed office is open – 2, Hilda House, The Square, Pencoed. We’d like to assure you that we continue to carry out arrangements to the same high standards and we’re here for you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Registrars – they will contact you regarding registering a death. You do not need to attend the registrars in person.
At lunchtime today Welsh Government announced revised measures for alert level 2 to respond to the new omicron variant, designed to help keep businesses open and trading and protect customers and staff.
However, funeral services are exempt from the number limits set by venues (30 indoors and 50 outdoors) and are instead based on a site specific risk assessment, and the venue’s ability to ensure 2m social distancing.
Number of Attendees as of Wednesday 29th December 2021:
- COYCHURCH CREMATORIUM – no set limit on the number of mourners who can sit within the chapel but pews will be restricted to alternate rows to achieve 2 metre distancing. Social distancing must be observed inside the chapel, within the cloister and outside at all times. Mourners may sit within rows in their family bubbles of 6 or those mourners not in family bubbles will be able to socially distance themselves accordingly.
- Face coverings – Face coverings remain mandatory in the chapel for the duration of the service and all inside areas including the waiting room and toilet facilities, unless exempt due to a medical condition, for example:
– they are not able to put on or wear a face covering because of a physical or mental illness, or because of a disability or impairment.
– they are accompanying or otherwise assisting somebody who relies on lip reading where they need to communicate.
- Singing – Singing will be permitted in the chapel if a face covering is being worn.
- Returning to the coffin – Only the front row should return to the coffin if absolutely necessary but without touching the coffin.
- Shoulder bearing – Will continue to be allowed while observing social distancing requirements. Face coverings must be worn.
- BRIDGEND COUNTY CEMETERIES – no set limit on the number of mourners with 2 metre social distancing in operation
- MARGAM CREMATORIUM – maximum of 30 attendees
We very much appreciate your cooperation in this matter during these difficult times.
FACEMASKS: As of 14th September facemasks are compulsory for people over 11 years of age in public indoor spaces including places of worship and crematoria. There are exemptions for people who cannot wear face coverings for health or medical reasons. The funeral officiant and anybody carrying out a reading during a funeral service may remove their face covering when standing in the lectern and replace it immediately after finishing speaking. This is to enable them to be heard clearly and to assist those that lip read.
Our procedures and policies are under constant review as more information becomes available.